Friends of Gillingstool (FOG)
The school is very fortunate to be supported by an active Parent Teacher Association - The Friends of Gillingstool Primary School - FOG.
The Friends are a registered charity, and the organising committee strives to provide a mix of fundraising and social events throughout the year for the school's pupils, their families and the local community.
The Friends are always on the look out for new members to join or volunteers to help out at events. If you feel that you can contribute please contact us:
Thanks to Matt, Jess and all at FOG for a splendid Christmas Market 2022.
We had such wonderful support and so many enthusiastic helpers. What a fantastic afternoon!!
Examples of events organised by the Friends include:
- Summer fairs
- Christmas fairs
- Quiz evening
- Halloween/Valentines Discos
- Film nights
- Refreshments at events such as sports days
- Easter and Halloween trails
Recent fundraising efforts have allowed the Friends to contribute to:
- Significant developments for the school curriculum - new whole school RE and Science schemes
- New digital cameras for all classes
- New LED interactive teaching panels for classrooms
- Outdoor Play Equipment for all classes
Our next target:
- musical instruments
- IPADs for all classes
Next meeting: Friday 29th September 2.30pm at school. Everybody welcome.