Curriculum Rationale and Aims
We believe it is essential to create a safe, secure and stimulating environment, with constant praise and encouragement, so that each child feels individually valued, motivated and confident to meet new challenges and reach our high expectations with a sense of achievement.
We want all of our children to be successful learners, to be confident individuals and to become responsible citizens.
- We provide a balanced curriculum, based on the EYFS, across the seven areas of learning, using play as the vehicle for learning.
- We value the purpose and place of play in the EYFS curriculum and provide a balance of guided play and unguided free playtime, alongside opportunities for children to engage in activities that are adult initiated and/or supported by the adult.
- The children have free flow daily access to an indoor and outdoor environment that is set up in discrete areas of learning with planned continuous provision.
- We use play based learning to build and extend upon prior learning and follow children’s current interests and experiences to further individual learning.
- As part of our daily practice, we observe and assess children’s development and learning to inform our future plans.
- We plan challenging learning experiences, based on the individual child, informed by observation and assessment.
- We promote equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice.
- We provide early intervention for those children who require additional support.
- Work in partnership with parents and within the wider context
- To build children’s positive self-image and to promote respect for each child, irrespective of ethnicity, gender, family background or special educational needs.
- To promote the social, emotional, physical, spiritual and intellectual development of each child.
- To provide a stimulating and safe environment for learning where children can learn through play and engage in first hand experiences.
- To support and extend children’s learning through purposeful observation, evaluation and interaction.
- To further improve our provision and children’s learning through the use Development Matters guidance, regular data analysis, pupil progress, feedback and continuous self-assessment.